If you're having any issues with creating your first recipe using Simmer Pro, please follow these simple steps to create a test recipe.
We're happy to do these steps for you. Just contact support with a username and password for an account with admin access.
- Deactivate and delete the Simmer Pro plugin under Plugins in your WordPress dashboard. None of the recipe data already saved will be lost when deleting a version of Simmer.
- Replace and install your Pro version with Simmer Limited. This limited version of plugin provides a maximum of just 2 ingredients or instructions and other feature limits.
- After activating Simmer Limited, go to Recipes > Add New. Type a test title, plus one test ingredient and one test instruction. Press Save and scroll to confirm that your ingredients and instructions are correctly added when the page reloads.
- After you confirm ingredients and instructions are successfully saved, go to Plugins in your WordPress dashboard and Deactivate then Delete the Simmer Limited Plugin. Any existing recipes will not be lost.
- Finish up by going to Plugins in your WordPress dashboard to re-upload and re-activate the Simmer Pro plugin with your key. After successful re-activation with your key, go to Recipes > Add New to successfully save all instruction and ingredient data in the future.
Creating this quick test recipe with the Limited version of the plugin will allow your site to save all unlimited future ingredients and instructions.
Let us do this for you
If you'd prefer to have a person on our team complete these steps for you, we're happy to help. Just get in touch via the chat bubble at the bottom right of this site with a username and password for an admin account on your remote site and we'll do the rest!